Dr. Francisco Maia is the owner and founder of The K9PT in Chicago that focuses on helping senior dogs improve their independence with daily activities, so they can live their golden years without the need to rely on pain medication. We talk about what makes a happy dog at any stage of life and how his work as a canine physical therapist impacts not only aging dogs but also their human companions.
Oftentimes an aging dog means stress on the human caretaker. You see your dog unable to walk like they used to or be in pain. Francisco comes in and focuses on the whole dog’s physical condition to improve their lives and ultimately ease the pet parents stress. This is a great episode for anyone with a special needs dog, aging dog or who wants to learn about the career of a canine physical therapist!
- The K9PT: http://www.thek9pt.com
- Keepin’ Them Cozy: Home Environment Changes for Senior Dogs: https://www.thek9pt.com/2018/09/13/home-environment-changes-senior-dogs/
- Canine Rehabilitation: Putting the “Fun” in “Functional”: https://www.thek9pt.com/2018/10/31/canine-rehabilitation-putting-the-fun-in-functional/
- Lt. Dan Blog Post: https://www.thek9pt.com/2018/09/17/lt-dan-and-my-true-calling/
- Francisco’s Massage Course: k9massageandwellness.com – use code happydog for 20% off!
Ways to Listen: