FREE CANINE NUTRITION 101 COURSE
- Lesson #1: What does a complete and balanced diet mean?
- What it means when a food meets nutrient requirements
- NRC, FEDIAF, AAFCO info
- Lesson #2: Does cooking food destroy nutrients?
- How cooking changes nutrients
- Lesson #3: Help choosing the type of commercial or home prepared diet for your dog
- How to choose between raw or cooked food
- Commercial choices with my favorite brands listed from fresh to kibble
- Lesson #4: Red flags to look for when choosing a food to feed
- Signs a food is not complete and balanced and lacking nutrition
- Lesson #5: Calculating your dog’s metabolic weight (MW) & calories
- Why this important part of nutrition science is key to understand, how to calculate it
- Examples using my dogs
- Lesson #6: Calculating your dog’s nutrient requirements & discussing metabolizable energy (ME)
- Resources to calculate nutrient requirements
- Understanding ME and why it’s important to understand nutrients
- Lesson #7: Formulating a recipe – what is it exactly?
- Explanation of what it means to actually formulate a custom recipe for a dog