I seriously love pancakes. Fluffy, sweet, glorious pancakes. But they’re also not the healthiest, and one of those meals you feel so guilty after eating. So I sought to make them healthier so I can feel good again about my Saturday morning indulgence. I also have celiac disease, so everything I eat has to be gluten free (yes, it puts a major damper on delicious food). So here is what I have for you seeking gluten and guilt free pancakes…
*Notice my photobomber in the back*
Sweet Almond & Oat Blueberry Pancakes
-Handful of almonds
-Bisquick pancake mix, 1/2 cup (gluten free, or not)
-Vanilla almond milk, 1/4 cup
-Rolled Oats, 1 cup (gluten free, or not)
-Plain and Blueberry Kefir, 1/2 cup of each (Side note, plain Kefir is good for your dogs! Try it once a week for your dog. Teaspoon for small-med dogs, Tablespoon for large dogs)
-1 egg, or 1/2 cup of silken tofu for vegans
-Your cooking oil choice – peanut, Pam spray, etc.
1. Place oats in mixing bowl with 1/4 cup of almond milk and heat in the microwave for 1 minute
2. Add to the mix bowl 1/2 cup of bisquick mix, egg (or tofu), 1/2 cup of plain Kefir and 1/2 cup of Blueberry Kefir and another 1/4 cup of almond milk
3. Mix! If you want a less thick texture, add more almond milk.
4. Before cooking the pancakes, take your handful of almonds and place them in a food processor or blender to crush them up
5. Cook your pancakes in a medium to large frying pan with your cooking oil until they are golden brown on each side
6. Drizzle with syrup and crushed almonds